You own a food business which means you’re either:
• In food retail - a shop, a deli or a supplier to retail or…
• In food service - a cafe, a restaurant or…
• You run a place where food is an important part of your image and an integral part of your customer’s experience.
While you’ve already achieved a certain level of success, you are convinced that you can do better but you’re just not sure how to do this or where to even start.
You want someone with proven experience and in-depth industry knowledge to cast their eyes over your business, take a look behind-the-scenes and then tell you what you can do to improve the business and how to do this. That’s where I come in…
I’m Monique and I have 20+ years of experience in the food and retail industry. I have both corporate and start-up experience, as a former board level MD and the founder of SavvyCook and SavvyKids. I am passionate about good food as a consumer and also as a food business expert.
An independently selected member of The Future 500, the eclectic private members network for rising stars across the UK, I am a founding member of the Future Health think tank.
I’ve worked with companies like Harrods, the John Lewis Partnership, Waitrose, House of Fraser, Blenheim Palace, Knebworth House, Breeze Yoga and UrbanGolf and on projects such as:
• Implementing bespoke food strategies including marketing campaigns across a range of food service concepts.
• Increasing footfall, penetration and average spend per customer.
• Growing awareness to help define your brand and unique selling points, identify the appropriate retail channels, get your product noticed by potential consumers, identify relevant trade exhibitions and show opportunities.
• Growing sales to help find the right market and wholesalers for your product, sell to retailers, improve on-line and mail order sales.
• Digital marketing to help identify the right social media platforms for your product or service, engage with customers to create that all important “tell your friends” excitement, cultivate influential fans of your product or service
• Menu or product range engineering to improve understanding of and maximise sales and profit.
• Developing and implementing a café concept to maximize sales opportunity at peak times, through improved penetration and spend per head.
• Implementing financial management controls and Safer Food, Better Business (SFBB).
Unlike many consultants, I can translate sophisticated strategies & techniques typically used by the most successful organisations into a plan of action that works effectively for small and medium businesses.
About My Work
I decided early on that I didn’t want to be the type of consultant who leaves behind a PowerPoint presentation which sits on the corner of a desk and gathers dust. That serves no-one, least of all you.
When my clients seek external advice, it’s usually because they have run out of ideas internally…and that’s what I bring in abundance. I can help you:
• Gain an independent and innovative overview of your business to identify areas for improvement – both quick wins and longer term strategic developments.
• Create a compelling value proposition and go-to-market strategy - to help set you apart and make the impact you want.
My consulting services are tailored to your individual needs but these are the kind of things you can expect when you work with me:
• I dig deep to understand your mission, objectives, culture and brand values.
• I design and accelerate implementation plans.
• I bring people from my extended network together to help your business.
• I offer insight into and understanding of different sectors and cultures which may impact your business.
• I provide useful comparisons with other companies, sectors and industries to help you benchmark your performance.
• I often see unexpected and valuable connections and synergies, including the impact of a decision on different areas of your business.
• I can relate to people at all levels of your organisation.
• I put things in perspective and I do that with humour and a sense of style.
My goal is to give you the practical advice, tools and, perhaps most importantly, the confidence to manage your food business more effectively and more profitably.